Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Surviving Adversity....(for anything anyone may be going through)






Twenty six years ago the actor Michael J. Fox was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. In a recent article, Fox shared his six rules for surviving adversity in life. 

These are well worth sharing with you........

1. Exercise - "We have learned it will prolong your ability to operate positively in the world."

2. Pacing - For Michael J. Fox he says "It helps me think-the physical motion creates intellectual motion."

3. Acceptance - "It isn't resignation, and it freed me to actively deal with and endeavor to change my situation. I like to say, 'My happiness goes in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations.'"

4. Honesty - "Don't remain silent or ashamed about your illness"  But I would add here that DO share with those you know will give you the support and kindness you would want.

5. Optimism - "I hate when people say, 'You're giving them false hope. To me, hope is informed optimism"   (I LOVE this one!!)

6. Humor- "I laugh at (my involuntary movements and the scenes they create). There are times when I love these things."

May these "rules" help you in each and every one of your days!

Positive energy and healing,

Colleen :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment